2019 Guidelines for CHILDREN: Christmas Box Projects Items
We combined the Christmas & Back to School Projects as one. We are calling it the Christmas Treasure Box Project.
We want to make it very clear that we are NOT part of the Santa Shoebox organisation.
We are a PBO (almost like a NPO) organisation. Our registration number is 93 00 35 907 and we registered as Abrina4858 T/A Kos Pakkies Registration no.: 2007/004876/08.
We want the children to have a feeling like that they discover a little treasure box as soon as they open the Christmas Treasure Box.
You can make use of a box or a gift bag or anything else to make up the gift parcel!!!
That is why we feel that the following four (4) items must be in the Christmas Treasure Box – but please use this only as a guideline and please don’t feel pressured if you can’t put in everything that is been asked:
- Toiletries – Please put all toiletries in a plastic bag, otherwise the treats will taste like soap.
- School stationery and/or Educational items
- Special item(s)
We just want to ask that you close the box with a rubber band, string or ribbon. The reason for this is to make sure all four (4) categories are in the box as well as to put in items that are been sponsored.
If you put in any liquid items in the box, please put it in a Ziplock bag.
The items that are marked by a (*) is optional and it is up to you if you want to put it in or not.
- a) Toothpaste
- b) Toothbrush
- c) Bar of soap
- d) Facecloth
- e) Deodorant and/or roll-on (or speed stick)*
- f) Girls – Sanity ware (Pads)*
- Boys – Disposable razors*
- School stationary and/or Educational items: (This is only examples and can be used as a guideline.* You can put in any stationary and/or educational item(s) in the box.)
0-3 years: Soft toys, building blocks, storybooks, any other baby items
4-8 years: Pencil bag/case, pencils, waxed crayons, pencil sharpener, ruler, mini whiteboard & erasable markers, exercise books (A4 & A5), puzzles, blunt nose scissors, coloured paper, lunch box & bottle, schoolbag, glue, cello tape, colouring books & colouring pencils, storybooks
9-10 years: Schoolbag, dictionary, oil pastels, HB pencils, ballpoint pens, plastic sleeves, calculator, flip files, normal files, cello tape, glue, plastic covers for books, brown paper for books, pencil bag/case, pencil sharpener, ruler, exercise books (A4 & A5), blunt nose scissors, coloured paper, lunch box & bottle, colouring books & colouring pencils, highlighters, gel pens, geometry set, diary, note pads, koki’s, correction pen (tip-ex), stapler & staples, puncher, storybooks
11-18 years: Schoolbag, USB memory sticks, sticky note pads, dictionary, oil pastels, HB pencils, ballpoint pens, plastic sleeves, calculator, flip files, normal files, cello tape, glue, plastic covers for books, brown paper for books, pencil bag/case, pencil sharpener, ruler, exercise books (A4 & A5), blunt nose scissors, coloured paper, lunch box & bottle, colouring books & colouring pencils, highlighters, gel pens, geometry set, diary, note pads (book) , koki’s, correction pen (tip-ex), stapler & staples, puncher, storybooks
- Treats: (This is just a guideline and you can put anything in the box*)
- a) Sweets – for children under 3 years you can put in chocolates or marshmallows, etc.
- b) Chips – please don’t put in anything with a chilli flavour or hot & spicy
- c) Cookies and/or Rusk – it can also be home-baked cookies and/or rusk
- d) Cooldrink – if it is in a liquid form please put it in a zip lock bag.
- e) Nuts and/or Dried Fruit – Children love corn nuts (mieliepitte)
- Special Item(s): (This is just a guideline and you can put anything in the box*)
- a) You can put in anything, but please make sure the item(s) is for a boy or a girl or are age-related.
How does the Christmas box work?
- a) Choose a child and/or children’s from the list for who you want to give a Christmas Treasure Box
- b) Next to the child or children’s name is a number starting with a “C”. Please send me the “C number” with your name & contact details (Cell number and/or email address) via SMS or WhatsApp to 073 543 8778.
- c) I will then inform you via SMS or WhatsApp if that child and/or children’s are still available or not.
- d) As soon as I send you confirmation that the child and/or children’s are still available your name will be attached to their name.
- e) If you no longer can donate a Christmas Treasure Box anymore, please let me know so that I can put that child and/or children’s name back on the list again.
- f) Please take note, that you are responsible to send the Christmas Treasure Box to us before the 23 December. You can send it via (i) Post; (ii) Courier; (iii) deliver it personal or send it with somebody.
We do have drop off points in the following areas (to receive the address please contact us):
- Mossel Bay
- Albertinia – Head Office
- Still bay
- If you want to use PostNet you can send it to PostNet Mossel Bay, mark it very clearly for Hannelie Gee Om.
- If you want to courier it or deliver it personally to us please send an SMS or WhatsApp
For any other inquiries please send me a WhatsApp / SMS to 073 543 8778 or an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much for your support. Please send this to all your friends, family, colleagues, acquaintance, etc. Please help us to make this year a Christmas that a child or two never will forget.
Please also visit our webpage at: www.kospakkiessc.co.za
Christmas Treasure BoxChristmas Box, Stationery